Kelly's Life

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Weblogs, RSS, & Flickr

I am fairly familiar with weblogs. Two summers ago, my friend and I headed to Italy for two weeks of travel. Since phone conversations were so expensive we decided to create a blog to stay in contact with our friends and family. It was a great way for them to experience the trip with us. We updated daily (as long as we could find Internet) telling what we did that day and where we were currently. It was great because people could comment back to us and we knew what was going on at home too. http://italianchicks.blogspot.com/

When it come to RSS, I had actually never heard of this before. After reading Chapter 5 about RSS (Real Simple Syndication) I am still a little confused about it. As the chapter says, it may take a while to understand it all. I think it is a great idea and concept. I know there are many feeds and blogs I like to check but it takes so long. This way it is all just a quick click away. I love how fast and easy it is to use.

When it comes to Flickr.com I have never used it before. I was excited to set up an account and begin to become familiar with it. I love photography and I think this website will be great for me. I also love all the ways you can incorporate this website into the classroom. My only issue with using some much technology in the classroom is many of my students currently do not have access to the Internet, so it would be difficult for them to participate. I think as time changes and technology becomes more readily available to all students it can be a wonderful tool to use in the classroom.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katie Wells said...

Kellbell - I love your blog on your tour of Italy. What a great way to keep in touch with your family and friends back home while so far away. Excellent! :)

2:36 PM  
Blogger lscott03 said...

You know I love everything you do, and the same goes for your blog of Italy!! Awesome use of technology before we even began the class. Lucky you for having such beautiful pics to display and wonderful experiences in Europe!

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home