Kelly's Life

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Technology is such a huge part of our everyday lives. I don't know what I would do without it. We are all constantly checking our email, on our cell phones, and listening to i-pods. Our culture revolves around technology. I don't think this is a bad thing though. In reading Will Richardson's book Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts, and Other Powerful Web Tools for Classrooms, I see there are many positive things that can come from using technology.

I found it very interesting that the book was written in 2006, and at that time each day over 70,000 new blogs and a million Weblogs posts were added. There are so many changes that come with all this technology too. Before reading this book, I did not know what a Wiki even was. It is so hard to keep up with the ever changing and developing technology.

We can use technology is such a positive way in the classroom. It opens so many possibilities for the students. I like the idea of blogs for my students. I think this again builds that sense of community within the classroom. Students can express themselves in writing, plus you as the teacher will know more about your students and if there are problems occurring. I also like having assignments and portfolios on-line. It cuts down on misplaced papers and on wasting so much paper that students will just throw away eventually. Overall, if used correctly and monitored by teachers and parents I think technology is going to be an asset to education.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home